Today is Only the Beginning


I have recently been blessed with the greatest platform known to man, "Working in the Radio Industry". I thought it would be a wonderful avenue to communicate things people need to hear. Yes, this is just a job, but if executed correctly, it's also a way to spread positivity. I was in for quite a shock, this platform I'm referencing is actually lined with many rules. I was required to play a certain type of woman and that's where I was forced to look at myself in the mirror. I grew tired of talking about useless things like sex and gossip every single day. I feel as a young lady we should discuss topics that will make YOU have a better day and give you the drive and determination you need to succeed? I know the lord placed me in that particular 'hot' seat for a reason, but I did not know how cut-throat the industry would be until it happened to me... Judgement day, the day of termination. I guess trying to represent women in a respectable manner does not pay the bills for most. I was asked to play the "Girly girl, be the victim, talk about your sex life, etc". All things I believe have no impact in anyone's life. The corporate world is a difficult place for a woman, a woman of ethniticy and a woman with fight! Are we suppose to sit down (fall back) or stand up (rise against the grain)?? Every woman is different. What are your thoughts?

Comments

  1. Amen Jacinda! I think there is just too much smut out in the media and I admire someone who wants to make a change. I'm proud that you are a voice for real women everywhere. Keep your head held high!
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thats refreshing to hear, because I always wondered if that was the real you. I e-mailed you often, BlackSweat lol, and was always entertained by the whole setup of the Sleezy but after a while it became annoying and I began changing the station after the song. Because although I do not know you, something about you came off as being more than the stuff you talked about. So I'm happy for you! Not that you lost your job, but that you learned something about yourself while showing all the people who enjoyed listening to you a real side of you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the begining my dear, I remember cleary when you began to move closer to your GODLY calling, it is truly a blessing to see you operate in your devine gifts...there are so many things in store for you. Continue to open your heart and let GOD use you in a mighty way...

    your saintly brother......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey J,

    I am so thankful to have known you both as a fan and a friend! 96.1 was a great place full of fun and endless possibilities. I knew you were a star destined to shine so bright. You hustled, you helped, you counseled, and had lots of fun with everyone you encountered.

    From Go Getta J to Letting the Beat Rock you definitely Kept the morning show going in the AM and shaking in the PM:)

    This is truly only the beginning and I'm happy to be K.I.M~ Keeping It Moving with you through your Journey~

    ~K.I.M
    KeepItMoving

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jacinda, I'm proud of you for staying true to yourself. Many women in similar positions would've done whatever it takes in the name of "getting ahead". I think the fact that you know yourself well enough to know what you want out of life and to know your impact says a lot. The city of Charlotte could use a woman like you, so I'm sure we haven't heard the last of you. Keep your head high babe!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello, jacinda! i hadnt even READ the blog yet after my last msg to you on fb but i just KNEW that it would be positive! i have always tried to be true to myself and do the right thing and it's soooo encouraging to know that someone in the public arena is trying to do the same!!! you are an amazing role model! keep your head up, girl because that is where your help will always come from! take care, and i cant wait to see what you do next! mila

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is hardly propaganda..im proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore you! We need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Rich

Today is my last day with WBTV

I Need Good Lovin