Amazing Journey





What a wonderful journey; 10 years in media. I started in radio as an intern while in college and now I'm leaving as a weather forecaster/reporter for a television station.  Who would've thought?!

I am grateful for everything I've learned and every person I've met.  Some of it was super easy and fun, while other aspects to this business broke me down to my knees and left me in tears.  This business is not as glamorous and easy as some think. 

As I look back at this journey I realize how uncertain life can truly be. At first, I took the radio jobs because I thought it was super cool to get paid for partying.  Then God entered my heart and it became difficult to joke and party when I knew I was supposed to be leading by example.  I walked into this business as a young, wild, sassy, party girl.  I am walking out as a classy, yet edgy, talented, woman.  I got a chance to grow up in this business and thank goodness I finally did!

I am thankful for my time with WCCB.  The experience here helped me find my purpose.  I was given the opportunity to report on people and organizations who are positively impacting the community. One of my first stories featured a prison ministry called Proverbs 226. I got approval to go into a medium security prison to interview incarcerated fathers.  On that day God spoke to me.  He whispered, "This is your mission field". 

After lots of prayer, today, I am honored to be doing His work.  I have never felt so fulfilled, nor have I experienced such joy in my soul then when I see parents uniting with their families. In this ministry we help children of incarcerated parents get into college. Our mission is to prevent children from following their parents into prison.

This journey taught me so much about life and about myself.  I want to dedicate my days to helping people and changing lives.  Words can't express my gratitude to those who have shared genuine love from the very beginning.  It's been 7 years in Charlotte-- My heart is full of thankfulness. THANK YOU!

I will continue to be a part of the WCCB family-- you can't get rid of me that easily lol!  Please continue to watch and support.  




Comments

  1. Amazing And Beautiful Journey, And New Levels So To Speak, As Another Even More Life Changing Journey Unfolds to you.. Much Energy, Love and Peace,...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the faith believe in god ,as good things will come,stay blessed and remember always to be just j..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the date and was like :).....Good luck babe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Rich

Today is my last day with WBTV

I Need Good Lovin