Are you in SEASON?



Adrienne and Bri
We all endure a number of different seasons in our lives.  For some it's simply to be loved, others need to feel accomplished, but most want to be blessed and happy. Recently I took a journey aboard the Megabus to DC. In doing so it allowed for a lot of brainstorming and reflection on my life, more importantly the last few years. As far back as I can remember, the odd numbered years have been more favorable to me than that of the even numbered ones. Sounds crazy right? Well follow me on this one. This year, 2011, has been in one word: Awesome! I have been highly favored as I have a fantastic job, just moved into a new condo, my health is in order, I met the love of my life, and above everything else I’m happy! I try and put out of my mind what awaits me in 2012 and just bask in the moment of all this. These are the seasons of my life.

Recently my best friend had a baby girl, hence the trip to DC. Upon arrival I was quickly able to see and witness how the changing seasons played a part in her world. Just last year she was moving through life carefree about any and everything, until the day I received “the call”.  She informed me that she was keeping a secret from me and needed to talk about it. After hours on the phone, I learned she was having a baby.  Her season as a woman living for ‘self’ was coming to an abrupt end, with motherhood knocking on her door.  My reunion with the new mother was such an amazing experience, words cannot begin to describe.  She was full of such joy and life!  Things that once played a major role in her life no longer took up residence in her vocabulary.  I believe it all came full circle when she explained to me that her everyday now is spent living for her daughter, Bri’elle Laurin Banks.  She is seemingly grateful for her entry into this new season, and would not change a thing!

Ro & Bri
Reflecting one step further, I was having an extensive conversation with my man and he discussed with me how drastically things changed in his life the second he learned he would be a father. Admittedly, his first thought was that the entire situation was a curse on his life. In no way, shape, or form was he in a position to care for a child.  Yet, almost overnight he decided to make a radical change, he stepped up to the plate to be the father he needed to be for his little girl Brielle Lynn McKiver. It didn't take long before he realized just how much of a gift his daughter was to and for him.  She took the place of a very dark period in his life, his haunting season if you will. He went on to say how she showed him something he had never experienced before, an unconditionally true love. He divulged to me that had he not allowed for this transition to take place in his life there’s no guarantee he would still be here today.  His season as a father has had many hurdles to overcome but he embraces each of them and knows there is no place in the world he would rather be.

Seasons come and go. Some are just for short periods in time, others can last a lifetime. We must endure and embrace the ever-changing seasons in our life.  In both instances, they felt contentment in the season they were in. Until the winds decided to blow a slight breeze into their new season, they were unaware of just how much greater their lives could be.  As a devoted friend to both individuals I now have two Bri's in my life to love. What season are you embarking upon? Are you accepting of this new season or viewing it as a hindrance on your life? Remembering that it’s always your choice, I just pray you make the right one.






Are you in SEASON?
Jacinda Lee Garabito

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Rich

Today is my last day with WBTV

I Need Good Lovin