I am an Insecure Person- YES I Said It!

Learn to Love Yourself





This is a very loud statement to say but I feel the need to take the lead and blurt it out. (Follow me on this one) I am currently reading a book by Beth Moore called So Long, Insecurity. This book has made me think long and hard about certain situations in my life.  To be completely honest with you there was a situation that popped up between my boyfriend and I which forced me to pick up this book in search for facts.  I needed to find out what insecurity is, why it controls us and most importantly, how do we get rid of it.  The situation between my boyfriend and I made me take a deep look at myself in the mirror as person that doesn’t quite have it together like I thought I did. 

I am a person who considers herself completely secure.  I have learned to love my body for where it is, love my embarrassing slang terminology, dumb jokes, horrible memory and crazy ways of doing things.  I feel like I have truly become comfortable in my own skin.  What has awakened my spirit recently is that on most days I’m secure, but there are triggers that force my heart to jump.  To take it one step further these insecurity triggers can jolt a man or a woman.

If you say YES to any one of these triggers you’re in the same boat as meJ

Beth Moore’s list of Triggers:

·         Your boss calls you into his office and shuts the door behind you

·         You get an offhand comment from a person who has superiority over you

·         Out of the corner of your eye you catch your man (or woman) checking out someone else

·         Your mom gets that disapproving look on her face over how you parent her grandchildren

·         You get an email from somebody you expected to hear from ages ago, and it sounds forced.  Or you get a 3-line response to an email that took you a solid hour to write

·         Somebody makes a presentation right before you and it’s flawless

·         Your Ex just walked into church with someone new

·         You met someone you really admire and said something stupid

·         Your lover seems distracted and has been for a week now

·         Your BFF introduces you to a new friend and they have numerous inside jokes already

·         You hate your new haircut

·         Your pour out your heart to someone and they still don’t get you. Then you’re worried you said too much to begin with

·         You finally mustered up the courage to reconcile with a friend after a hurtful fissure in a relationship.  You can tell within 30 seconds that this person doesn’t’ feel the same way.  In fact they act as if the whole thin g never bothered them.


Today I decided to take the first step and simply admit my weakness...hence the bold title above.  The next time you feel your blood start to boil because a situation stirred something up inside of you STOP.  Do not allow for this to fester, you will only end up feeling foolish in the end (EVERYTIME)

Grab hold of your happiness.  
Not making light of your thoughts allows you to take control of your life.




If you related to anything, I mean anything please share your 2 cents.  I would love to know I’m not alone on this subject.

Comments

  1. Jacinda,

    Isn't the way Beth can put it out there for us and make us think about things in a way we have never thought about them before...... AWESOME?

    We all have moments of shake ups.....now that we know our insecurities, we have to rely on the thing we know that we know for sure....we don't know anything! God does and He has planned it so we have our name already engraved on the trophy!

    Keep in touch girl!

    Tracey Brickhouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know where you're coming from. When women would become too friendly with my boyfriend, I would get so upset and voice my opinion. I had to learn to not be jealous of my boyfriend because it just placed a strain on our relationship. I love myself and I'm happy with just being me. I love my boyfriend which is now my husband of 15 years. Good luck with your man and stay focus on what really matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love you, Jacinda! You are every woman!
    You are so real and a great reminder that at the end of the day, we are all human - flaws and all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacinda, being a man who has been searching a long time and not wanting to admit it I am insecure. Ok I said it too. I finally after many years have found what I was missing it was God. I thought I believed but as I read the Bible I know nothing of my purpose. I struggle with churches as they have all shown their man law and not the spirit as Jesus says. So I still study on my own until the day I find my church. This blog has inspired me to buy this book today and work on myself,love myself for who I am and know the Jesus will help me with my path. Thank you for your blog posts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Rich

I Need Good Lovin

Today is my last day with WBTV