How To Love Family... Just A Dream


Jaybeato, Ma Dukes, Jacinda & Landon
I am very close with my family. By family I mean my immediate family- my mom and 2 younger brothers.  My brothers live here in Charlotte and my mother lives in Florida. I would drop anything in a second to be there for any one of them if they needed me. 
Recently I was stuck fighting myself on a decision that would ultimately hurt one, if not all of my family members. My brother Jaris "Jaybeato" is a musical genius. He raps, sings, and produces. He's been making music since he was a child. His music in my opinion is 'real music'. He rarely curses in his music and he rarely uses distasteful lyrics. I didn't say never, I said rarely. I love him with all my heart. I want my brother to succeed in a way that HE defines true success.

Now to the problem. I have a hard time trying to find it in my heart to help promote his craft. I.E via social networking.

In SOME of my brothers music there are lyrics that kind of catch me off guard. I understand this is him describing the environment in which he once knew. At the same time, I cannot find myself promoting lyrics that do not sit in agreement with my Holy Spirit.


In the past 5 years I have made so many positive changes in my life. I am aware that at times it may be difficult for my family to adapt to these changes. I know they're happy but at times they may miss the person I once was. With that being said, I no longer curse nor do I enjoy listening to vulgar lyrics. I do occasionally but it's only if I'm in a certain mood. 

I have fought with these feelings for a while and recently came to terms with what my body and soul is trying to explain to me. Why it kills me, I truly feel that I have given up on my brother. The one who I adore. The one who I love. The one who I want to succeed. The one who needs me. The one who cries for me to help promote him. I do not know how I can truthfully and wholeheartedly do something that goes against my spirit. This is my brother and he is my family and at the beginning of this article I said I would do anything for my family.  So I PRAY.

I had a dream the other day that my brother was doing an interview. He's on top of the world, shining! The interviewer asked, "Why don't you curse or use any profane language? You're music does not need to be censored for radio." He simply replied, "Because I want my sister to listen to my music."



-- Just a dream


* To check out Jaybeato's music.  Here's his website http://www.jaybeato.com/

Comments

  1. Family is very important and one always does anything for them but just remember the you are always first and that true family, ones with strong bonds, will always stick together and support each other no matter what. All will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can love your brother and pray for his success without compromising your beliefs. Express to him how you feel and i'm sure he will understand and respect you for being honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t think you should compromise your beliefs, that is what makes up a major part of who you are…but to me, compromising doesn’t mean you have to modify what you believe or go against it. I suppose it’s a bit of give and take and acceptance of the other person…maybe little brother has songs that aren’t unpleasant to you, promote that .I don’t think he would be mad if you just let him know what the deal is…...Good luck !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Rich

Today is my last day with WBTV

I Need Good Lovin