And I Didn't Even Care


This morning was weird for me. As far back as I can remember I have always been a person who wants to go to church, someone who looks forward to Sunday mornings. For whatever reason my parents didn't raise my brothers and I in the church. We went to Sunday school and occassionally hit up church for holidays but it certainly wasn't a part of our childhood. My church days started with my first boyfriend. Going to church with him and his dad sparked something in me that I didn't realize I was missing. After I bought my first car I started going to church by myself.

There are times I make excuses not go to church. You may be able to relate I'm not sure but I say things like I'm too tired or I rather spend a couple hours with Ro before I go to work. I have even went as far as saying I don't have enough money to tithe (how horrible?). Typically, whenever I make excuses it takes days for me to forgive myself because I'm so angry for skipping service.
Today was different though. Today I told myself there are no excuses I just do not want to go to church. I have never uttered these words before but for some reason I didn't even care.
This nonchalant attitude scared me. Is the devil winning? Am I losing my faith? Why do I not care?
Here's how boldy God handled me today. There is a gospel song I truly love. When I hear this song I cry. I cry tears of gratfulness, tears of sadness, I cry as my soul praises Jesus because I know I am not worthy enough of his mercies. This song does something to my Spirit and I can't explain it. Recently I tried to find this song but couldn't.  I don't even know who sings it or what the title of this song is. I YouTubed key words, did numerous Google searches and still- nothing. How can I not remember a song that means so much to me?

TODAY, the second I started to get ready for work I heard the song playing from my radio. I felt God was catching me for I was about to fall into a pool of doubt. I felt like my faith was being tested but at that moment he was saying, "Don't worry I'm here".  That song... at that time...on this day saved my faith and it spoke volumes to me. Today I am thanking him for not giving up me.



Shekinah Glory Ministry "Jesus"- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sSzgJb5TUQ

Comments

  1. After seeing your picture a few years back, and seeing you on local tv, I've always thought what a beautiful lady you are. After reading this I see that your true beauty is your soul. Thank you for sharing and reminding all of us who read this of God's infinite love.God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Rich

I Need Good Lovin

Today is my last day with WBTV