For The Ever Changing Seasons



It’s stirring up inside, I can feel the discomfort.  It’s scary.  I know change is coming.  How do you prepare for it? When times get unbearable and you’re on the brink of major life changes, I found comfort in a few different areas and I want to share them with you. 

First and foremost, dive into a life of prayer.  One way to do this is by waking up to prayer meditations.  At first I didn’t know what medication was, I didn’t understand how to do it.  Then I realized medication is solely focusing on one thing.  For example, when you worry about your bills, this means every thought typically wraps around money.  So medication is the same thing but you focus your thoughts on one positive thing.  When you wake up, open your bible and just read one verse.  Think about what the verse means.  What did God want you to take away from this verse?  What did this mean for lives back then and how can you apply the teachings to your life now.  Spend time with Him and His word.  Another thing that can help with your prayer life is probably something you haven’t done since you were a child.  I highly recommend you get on your knees and pray.  Remember you are what you fill up on.  What I mean by this is, how are you spending most of your time during the day?  Is it work, family life, friends, partying, television, music, working out etc.  What you surround yourself with on a daily basis is what you inevitably give off.  For example, if all you do is work, then when you’re hanging with friends the only stories you have are about the job right?  Think about your constant surrounding and decide if this is allowing you to grow in a direction you want to go.  Is it challenging you enough? 

Secondly, I have found solace in the word INSPIRATION.  To stay filled up on the word throughout the day I am in constant search of inspiration and I’ll tell you why it’s so important in just a second.  When I see something inspiring I take a picture of it.  When I read it or hear it, I write it down.  This allows you to have something to reference if you’re ever having a weak moment.  Most importantly, and the last thing that can help you prepare for life changes is giving back.  When you find the inspiration- share it! I have found that true acts of giving will undoubtedly make all your hurt and pain, worry and doubts fall by the waist side.  It’s like the analogy killing two birds with one stone.  You get to help someone else and at the same time it’s helping you too. 

A girlfriend texted me the other day saying she was having a bad day at work and she didn’t know if she could keep going.  She asked for me to pray for her.  I did, but God had something he wanted me to share with her, He said, “Go be a Blessing to someone else”.  I have stumbled upon true happiness and utter peace only when doing things for other people.  It can be the act of kindness so small it doesn’t even seem worth it but trust me, it is and it’s what this world needs.  We need kindness.  We need Hope.  If you are filling up on the word all day long it doesn’t do you any good to keep it all inside.  You have to be a witness and go share it.  Sometimes we think a trendy purse is going to make us happy or a new pair of shoes and no lie it will for a little bit lol, but when it wears off it just becomes more stuff in your closet.  An act of kindness can change someone’s life.  Building these types of memories will last a lifetime. 

Times have been really tough for me the past year and I want to say thank you to the strangers that have simply smiled at me.  I have been this person walking around with the stank face on (lol) so focused and annoyed on many levels.  These genuine smiles forced me to smile back…. and they made me feel dumb for even complaining in the first place.  They made me realize there’s so much to be grateful for and I’m wasting time being angry.  A smile may seem too simple for you, but these random acts of kindness were right on time for me and they made me believe everything will be okay.   

As the winds pick up and the temperatures shift, whatever hand life deals you these are a few things that will get you through the storm.  This is my survival kit.  These steps helped me weather difficulties.  With this you will be prepared for anything that comes your way.

-- JG

Comments

  1. As a general rule, the price of a particular piece defines how good it is.
    You can choose to have two interlocking rings for one person (i.
    The colour grade of a diamond is determined by looking at it on
    an angle and is often hard to determine with the naked eye.


    Here is my homepage tycoononline.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Rich

I Need Good Lovin

Today is my last day with WBTV